Saturday 15 March 2014

What you pay for when you hire a photographer


Many of you think that when you hire a photographer you pay for someone who has a good quality camera and can take a good photo......however, guess what. That isn't the case.

So when you question my prices you must know you aren't just paying for the one hour of shoot time.    There is many expenses you are not aware of.


  • Camera gear is an obvious and is not cheap.
  • Studio equipment, backdrops, props, etc.
  • Editing software.


Now on the topic of editing.  It's rare that anyone of my clients sees unedited photos, because I always feel it doesn't show your best work.  Some other photographers show this easily, for me though I want you to always see my best, and that is the finished product.  However I'm going to take the time to show you a few photos so you can see what goes into a photo after you leave our session.

Some of my newborn sessions are in your home which sometimes don't make for ideal perfect settings.  But this image shows you exactly how much time and effort goes into the perfect newborn photo to hang on your wall.

Final Newborn Announcement

Before / After

Before / After

So this is a quick view into what actually goes on after our session.  Many of my clients are clients for life and repeatedly come back.  I get many photos and emails of clients who have decorated their homes with images I have taken.  I feel priveledge to become part of their lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment