Wednesday 12 March 2014

Do you hate photos of yourself and think you are not photogenic?



Guess what. I am a photographer.  However I know exactly what those of you who hate photos of themselves are feeling.  Possibly why I prefer to stay behind the camera rather than in front of it.  However, personally having this feeling really helps me as a photographer.  I can absolutely relate with those of you who think they just aren't photogenic.


I work with my clients to make them comfortable.  A natural real smile is much better than a forced uncomfortable smile.  This works with people of all ages.  Those of you who know me or have done a shoot with me when people suggest saying "cheese" to kids to get them to smile that is the worst.  I use "monkey".  This is a much better smile.

Forced smiles / Natural smiles


I have sessions where children start out in the worst moods.  As you can see in this session. This little guy wasn't wanting any photos.  However I am patient and work with them and allow them to just relax and have fun.

Posing is very important too.  I have many clients who hate being photographed.  I completely understand if you are uncomfortable.  Sometimes I ask women to be super uncomfortable pose wise, however this can make for wonderful photos.  This usually happens in boudoir photos.  Posing definately helps though.  It can bring out your best assets.



So this is a reminder.  You just need to be comfortable and natural.  We all can have wonderful photos of ourselves.  It just takes finding the right photographer to help you capture them.






No comments:

Post a Comment