Tuesday 18 March 2014

Destination Wedding Photography


When you have decided to do a destination wedding you have 3 different options for photography.  This decision can be extremely difficult.  Here is a little bit of information to consider


1) Bring your chosen photographer with you

For my regular wedding clients I have package pricing put together for the day.  However I work with destination couples to come up with packages that work for them.  Usually this covers them covering the cost of my trip and an additional price based on what they are hoping for.  I absolutely think this option is by far the best.  You can have a photographer like myself who is there not only for the day.  This allows you to have photos of different days, such as time on the beach with friends, wedding, trash the dress, etc. 


2) Use the resort photographer


This option is usually your most cost effective option.  However you need to know what you will be expecting.  I recently had a friend use this option.  She got 60 photos on a disc and some prints and an album.  However just so you know my wedding packages usually consist of 400-700 images.  Also her images weren't edited.  This is so important.  I notice little details.  Eg.  Sunglasses sitting on a rock right beside them, or skin imperfections, etc.  I offered to edit her photos for her.  She definately went for that when she saw a couple before and afters.

Before edit / After edit

Before Edit / After Edit



3) Use and outsourced photographer not on the resort

Many very talented photographers are moving to tropical locations to do wedding photography.  I've had clients who used this option and it's usually about the same price as taking your photographer there.  Many resorts have fee's to have an outside photographer come onto the resort.  Definately do your research and view portfolios and photography styles.


Now if you or someone you know is thinking of doing a destination wedding please share this post with them.  Also, brides if you want a quote or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment