Saturday 8 March 2014

Is Boudoir Photography for you?



There are many myth's surrounded by boudoir photography.  If you have considered doing boudoir photos before but have yet to book a session this post will answer some of your questions.

First, boudoir photography isn't about women who think they have perfect bodies.  It's about focusing on your assets.  Beginning to be comfortable in your own skin.  My client's don't think they are flawless, but they're confident in spite of that.  Most women who book sessions are just regular women.  They are BEAUTIFUL, not perfect model bodies.  Whether they are doing a session for a partner or are doing photos to feel confident, these sessions are definately some of my favorite.



Secondly,  women think they need to be overtly sexy and these sessions are only for women who can act sexy in front of a lens.  My clients choose me because I am able to make them comfortable and the images I take are tasteful and authentically them.  Acting sexy isn't what I aim for,  I shoot for confidence.  Its my job to pose and shape the body to accentuate your figure.  The best is when a woman laughs during a session and I am able to capture a flirty fun side.  I help you realize which aspects of you are going to best be photographed.


I begin each session with attention to details.  We become comfortable with one another and I discuss any part of you which isn't your favorite asset.  I ensure straps are in place and tags are cut out.  These little details make photo's wonderful.  Editing is another huge part of boudoir photography ensuring that when you see that image you are absolutely astonished.  I understand my clients are usually nervous on shoot day and I do take that seriously.  Usually those nerves don't last long and once I flip my camera over so you can see an image, the smiles shine and women become even more confident.  The final product is what I strive for.  In the end it's all about the women and bringing their inner beauty out.
 

Thirdly,  many think Boudoir photography is all about sex.  This is however not the case at all.  It's more about self confidence and empowerment.  Honestly many brides I photograph enjoy putting together these images for their groom to surprise him with the day of their wedding.  It adds to the excitement.  I also do mini session's for stagette nights which is always an absolutely blast.  Women get together and do hair and makeup followed by mini sessions and a night out on the town.  


Lastly, boudoir photography is only for women with a signifigant other.  This is absolutely not the case.  Many women think if you are single there is no point.  More than anything I think boudoir photography is a gift to yourself.  It's about celebrating who you are in the exact moment of your life and owning it.  It's about loving yourself and seeing yourself in a new way.  I personally know the benefits of this and it is one of the most empowering things I have done.  


If you want to feel confident, sexy, beautiful and empowered.....boudoir photography is definately for you. 


If you have any questions even the smallest about Boudoir Photography please do not hesitate to email me at info@urbanimages.ca and visit my website PORTFOLIO 






No comments:

Post a Comment