Tuesday 11 March 2014

Cake smash sessions are such a blast



For those new parents this is the rage in photography.  What better than to capture your childs first birthday than with their first taste of cake.

I have two different types of sessions for cake smash photos.

A mini session which is a quick half an hour session and 10 edited photos of the cake smash.  This session includes the cake and is $195.

A full session begins with new family photos, some one year photos, and then last but not least the cakesmash.  This session is $325 and also includes the cake.

I have teamed up with a fantastic bakery The Blue Book Bake Shop and they never disappoint me with such unique and fabulous cakes.  They are also very knowledgable in the fact that as a photographer I want a big mess.  The icing is so light and whipped that it makes the perfect mess.

I work with parents to come up with a theme and color scheme.  I have a lot of props in my studio ranging from tutu's, ties, headbands, banners and backdrops.  We work together once booking your session to create the perfect look.


I also recommend parents practice.  This may sound funny but if this is your childs first time getting messy it can absolutely call for tears.  As a mom I never gave my son sugar before his first birthday, many parents can relate.  I recommend putting a muffin with whipped coconut milk in front of them before their actual cake smash session in preparation and getting them more comfortable with it.



These sessions are in my home studio which allows for easy clean up and a warm bath to clean the little ones up after.  If you have any questions or are interested in this type of session contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment