Wednesday 9 April 2014

My lifes regrets....got me where I am!


Many people say they don't have any regrets.  I like to think I don't regret my life, however learn from my mistakes.

There are still a few things I wish I had done differently.  First of which was the fact I decided I wanted to be a hairstylist.  I Spent a lot of money going to school to follow this dream.  Then.....my passion for business set in.  I ended up buying a hair salon while still in school.  I went into business with two other girls.  First mistake. Lol.  I knew better.  However the biggest mistake I made was dropping out of school with 1 week left to run the business.  I figured I didn't need the licence.

I now realize that was something I never should have done.  I don't ever want to be a hair dresser however still after spending that money on school, a licence would have been nice.

Next, I made a mistake many people choose to do.  I can't fully say I absolutely regret it because I have a wonderful son out of it.  I did however choose to marry the wrong person.  This was a decision I made, nobody forced me into it.  However now I wish I had never done that.  I wish I could offer words of advice for women who need to learn more about themselves before making such a huge decision.  This however has also made me realize how important it is to raise my son to be a good husband.  It has also changed my expectation of men.  It wasn't until I was seperated that I was able to live my dream and pursue my passion for photography.  So the positive of this was that having someone so unsupportive of my passions pushed me to pursue it even harder.

I also made a huge business mistake.  I purchased a couple franchise's without doing enough research.  I was a very trusting individual.  I wanted to beleive in the good in this world.  However now I realize I definately needed to do a better job of inquiring into what I was exactly getting into.  Rather than just wanting a particular lifestyle.

Now....these are a few things in my life that I regret however they got me to where I am today.  I love my life.  I'm surrounded by amazing friends and family.  My clients are incredible, and with the amount of referalls I get I truly am thankful.  I am also blessed with an incredible son.  He's the smartest most entertaining little man.

Regrets....nah.  Life lessons! Absolutely.




No comments:

Post a Comment