Thursday 17 April 2014

I take pride in being the best mom I can be!


When I found out I was pregnant I never knew how my life would change.  Until you have a little soul you need to nurture it's all about you.  You make mistakes....but those mistakes are just yours.  When you become a mother you no longer think about yourself.  This is entirely true.

My son was brought into this world June 16 th, 2010.  My life will never be the same.  When my son was born I owned a couple pet food boutiques.  One in Kelowna and the other in Kamloops.  This was absolutely crazy.  I was back at work immediately after having my son.  Never taking a moment to realize what I was doing.


I feel extremely blessed however to have had my son in Kelowna, BC.  This is where my life really changed for the better.  I made huge life changes.  I first began by getting out of a mairrage that was entirely wrong.  I wanted my son to experience a healthy happy life.  I also began to change my way of thinking.  I began to realize I wanted to live a clean, positive, and pure life.  

I made a decision as a new mom to create the best life I could for my son.  I wanted him to be healthy and happy.  I decided no more medication for either of us.  This also included immunizations.  Now before this starts a huge debate.  This is a decision I made for my son.  I don't judge those of you who choose to immunize.  I am also unsure as to whether I will never immunize.  Possibly when I take him to foreign countries my ideas will change.  However for now this works for us.  His immune system is so great.  He is rarely sick and so far whenever he even gets a cold it is very simply a runny nose for the day.

I teach him how to eat as clean as possible, and thankfully he really eats healthy and it isn't a fight in our home.  Now he doesn't go without I just try to have a good balance.  He occasionally gets sugar just everything in moderation.  He loves to help me cook, and recently his job is the dishes.  Yes, he's only 3 however teaching kids at a young age is important.  We are able to keep our home under control by him helping out.  Yes...he's too young to mow the lawn, however he makes his own bed and does his laundry and is learning to be an independant strong man.

My son has been so advanced which makes me so glad I made the decision to slow down and be an involved mom.  I am the proudest mom out there.  We enjoy the time we spend together.  Whether we are travelling to visit friends and family in Kelowna, or just enjoying time in the backyard he knows how proud I am.  

I beleive kids should have time to just be kids.  He's done lot's of things from yoga, skating, swimming.  He's not missing out at all however sometimes we as parents struggle to just let them be kids.  We are too busy running them from one thing to the next.  I feel we need to slow down and just let them be.  My son decides.  I don't force him into things.  He tried jujitsu and it entirely wasn't for him.  So instead of pushing him I just took the time to let him be.

Now, as many of you know I take pride in being a good single mom.  I feel he needs stable.  I don't have random people coming in and out of his life. Yes, there is times where it is difficult.  We are together all the time.  The simple thing like running out of milk and hoping to run out to the store after he goes to bed....that just doesn't happen.  However we just plan a little better.

I also am excited that photography will enable me to home school.  Now I have chosen Virtual school as the best option for us.  It's still structured but he can do his school from wherever we are.  So if I want to spend a month in Kelowna I can.  His education is extremely important to me so I have done my research on what I think will work for him.  If he wasn't social I would look at the traditional schooling system, however if you have met my son you will know he's extremely social.

With having a small studio in my home he sometimes even has the opportunity of being my assistant and learning what I do.  His brain is always learning and I absolutely love seeing that.

Our children learn from what we teach them.  So take a minute....slow down.  Take pride in being the best parent you can.  You won't regret it.  I promise!






No comments:

Post a Comment