Monday 23 June 2014

Newborn Sessions are definately a challenge


Recently i've had numerous people asking about newborn sessions and what they involve.  I would like to take this moment to tell you.....they are never easy!  They are definately my most challenging thing to photograph.

So many people absolutely have no clue what to expect when they bring their new little bundles of joy to me.  So here is a few little pointers.

First off....I usually want them in my studio within the first week.  Yes, sometimes that doesn't always happen, however I always try my best.  The reason they are best photographed within the first week is that they are moldable.  They are soft and bendy and not as strong.  They are easier as well because they sleep more.  After that first week this all becomes so much more challenging.



Secondly,  be prepared for a mess.  Most first time parents are so uncomfortable.  As many of you who have already had me photograph their newborns you are probably laughing now.  Many people and props get peed or pooped on.  Usually it's the parents that panic, so I always warn my clients if it doesn't happen I will be shocked.  It also doesn't help that I tend to have parents feed them a lot to make them sleepier.



Finally, as a photographer I have to stay calm and patient.  Newborns unfortunately don't understand. If only I could explain what I needed of them. It just isn't that easy.  Many parents start to get frustrated if their newborns aren't sleeping or aren't settling.  This is why I am patient.  It takes time.  There is no need to stress or worry.  I work with your little one.  Sometimes they don't want to do what we have planned however that doesn't matter.  We play it all by ear and change things up.








If you are interested in booking your newborn session with me please CONTACT me, even if you just have questions to ask regarding a session.




No comments:

Post a Comment